Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lunchus Interruptus

El Jefe and his partner, the Prince of Darkness (so-called because of his penchant for emailing in the wee hours of the morning), were having lunch yesterday when suddenly a large Mexican pot fell from a second story railing and hit POD smack on the head, felling him on the spot.

Blood streamed from his head and mouth as everyone in the restaurant jumped away in horror. Blood spattered everywhere and shards of broken pottery flew like bullets from the impact. A woman seated nearby gave El Jefe her business card in the event an eyewitness was needed.

Security guards immediately called 911 and POD was taken off on a stretcher, a neck brace in place around his head, to the ER. His wife later reported that after extensive testing he was sent home with 6 stitches in his head, a massive headache, and a vow to stay home from the office for the day.

El Jefe was still shaken by the incident last night. What a close call for POD and for him, and after the events at Virginia Tech...well...it adds to the general feeling of tension. We're very grateful to God this morning that POD has no permanent injury and that El Jefe was spared.

16 comments:

Jules said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad El Jefe is okay, and his friend is mending.

Hm...a whole day off. What is this guy some kind of slacker? LOL!

The Dustinator said...

QG, I thought you were going to relate the story to the Blackberry outage, which must have stopped El Jefe in his tracks if his went blink-o.

I would be thinking "what is God trying to tell me?" Perhaps to look up before you sit down.

You are correct, that after the Virginia Tech shootings, I would have been on edge too (I was anyway, and my POD did not get whacked on the head).

Blessings to El Jefe and POD,
Dustin

Lori said...

Glad that POD is after all, OK
and El Jefe is also spared today
from falling sky and pottery.

But restaurant owner now sits in fear
waiting for S & C to draw near
after bad juju on attorney's head clears.

(seriously, though, glad POD will be OK and that El Jefe was unscathed....what a week of weeks)

Gannet Girl said...

Yikes -- I'm glad they're ok!

spookyrach said...

That is just wild! Glad he's ok. (And I am deeply jealous of his nickname.)

Jody Harrington said...

Thanks for all the good wishes. And yes "Prince of Darkness" is his real-life nickname!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

OMG...how scary!

Unknown said...

Glad El Jefe's okay and POD is not more seriously injured!

Michael Kruse said...

Glad it wasn't more serious!

Did POD by chance gain any new insights into the laws of gravity?

:)

Lori said...

P.S. I linked this post to my later post today

DannyG said...

I guess that this isn't the time for another lawyer joke!

Mary Beth said...

Yowch! Hope he heals fast!

seethroughfaith said...

my oh my !!! praying for soothed nerves and speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

Oh my what an awful thing to happen while you are out eating. Who would have thunk it? I am glad he is not seriously injured. Hope he recovers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I bet the restaurant owner's heart sank when he learned his pot had fallen on a partner from Big Houston Law Firm! Glad POD is okay and that El Jefe wasn't injured. What a random thing to have happen during lunch!

Theresa Coleman said...

Wow!
I hope he's doing well today...