Thursday, April 12, 2007

In Which QG is Not Delivered From Temptation

It started innocently enough. This afternoon after returning from a presbytery meeting I decided to stop at the new Coldwater Creek store to look for a black dress and jacket that I learned last night I needed to wear for my church choir's spring concert next week.

They had just the thing. But then I thought: I should get another jacket to go with it so that I could wear the dress somewhere else. I wouldn't wear that outfit anywhere but singing in a concert because it is a decidedly Puritan look. There was a cute black-and-white print one and a white on white embroidered one. Couldn't decide so I bought both.

A year ago I bought a pair of gaucho pants made out of this same black fabric. So then I said to myself, "if I bought the shell that matches then I could wear them with one of the two jackets." So I did.

Did I mention there was a sale? There WAS! Another pair of summer pants and top jumped into the bag and came home with me.

It's not my fault. I really didn't have the right kind of outfit for the concert. And my resistance was low after that committee meeting.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

11 comments:

zorra said...

Which is exactly why I stay out of that store. I had mixed feelings when it opened. I can wreak way too much havoc with their catalogue in one hand and the phone in the other; I certainly don't need to actually walk into the store. (in fact, some cute shoes are on order even as I speak)

But enjoy your new clothes!

Jan said...

I LOVE Coldwater Creek. Just bought two pairs of pants for me and one for Rosemary at our local store just last week. Thank goodness for their sales. As a rule, my budget only allows me to drool.

Lori said...

It's really not your fault QG. All those clothes jumped right into your bag and what else could you do? Besides, there was a sale, so think about all the money you just saved! Prob'ly enough to buy some new shoes!

Gannet Girl said...

I try to limit this kind of activity to books. It turns out that there is a fabulous bookstore at National Cathedral and I swear, last week the contents of an entire shelf jumped into the trunk of my car. That wasn't my fault either -- after all, the organ concert was cancelled and so we needed to go to the bookstore. Three times.

Anonymous said...

oooh love it

:D

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I have to agree with PG. If they JUMPED into your bag then it is not all your fault. And you would have appeared VERY unlady like wrestling those clothes back onto the racks.

I have never been in that store.

DogBlogger said...

I've never bought a thing there, but the descriptions in their catalog totally crack me up! "He'll love you in this elegant blah-blah..." "You sweep into the room, gracefully, and know it will be a night to remember thanks to this skirt..."
I think they're geared toward Harlequin Romance readers or something.
(Totally off-topic: My word verification has just one letter too many to spell "dfw beer." Is this a sign I should visit a microbrewery tonight?)

spookyrach said...

QG - I feel yer pain...

Dogblogger - you crack me up.

Jody Harrington said...

Dogblogger--it's definitely a sign. Get thee to the microbrewery!

Their catalogue prose is indeed a hoot!

St. Casserole said...

These things happen.
You did the right thing to go with the flow.

St. Inuksuk said...

Some things are just meant to be!!
Be thankful and enjoy and delight.
Don't ever get too much at Coldwater, can't afford it. But once or twice a year I find that one special thing.