I know you've been waiting with baited breath for the result of the Osteen trial that began last week.
Here it is: the jury unanimously found that Victoria Osteen did not assault the flight attendant.
Here's what went down in the trial:
- one of the plaintiff's co-workers testified that there was an assault (legalese for unwanted touching)
- one of the plaintiff's witnesses, who had previously said there was an assault, changed her testimony under oath and said Victoria Osteen never touched her
- a witness for the defense, a fellow employee of the plaintiff, recounted an incident in which the plaintiff had wrongfully accused her of assault
- the plaintiff's attorney played the race card and the class card
- the plaintiff seems to have dropped her claim that the incident caused her hemorrhoids to flare up
- the plaintiff wanted the jury to award her over $400K for "loss of faith"
- the foreman of the jury said that the jury thought the lawsuit should never have been brought
- one of the jurors said that if they could have awarded court costs and attorneys fees to the Osteens, they would have
- Osteen's response to the verdict was "Thank you, Jesus"
And really, it was a ridiculous waste of time and the resources of the court. If I were Mom of the Court, they would all have been so grounded.