Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tagged for Presbymeme II

Wendy tagged me for the Presbymeme II. Thanks, Wendy--here you go.

The Rules of Presbymeme II

•In about 25 words each, answer the five questions below.
•Tag five Presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged.
•Be sure to link to this original post.

(1) What is your favorite faith-based hymn, song or chorus?

Onward Christian Soldiers. Now banished from the hymnal for being politically incorrect. It was my father's favorite hymn and I remember marching around the living room as a child, singing the song while he played it on his organ for me. Favorite lines: "Gates of hell will never 'gainst that church prevail. We have Christ's own promise and it cannot fail!" It reminds me of my beloved father and his own strong faith and commitment to the church.

2) What was the context, content and/or topic of the last sermon that truly touched, convicted, inspired, challenged, comforted and/or otherwise moved you?

Sunday's sermon by Dr. Dave Peterson at my church, Memorial Drive PC., Houston. He put together two unlikely scriptures (the story of Martha and Mary and the man who wanted to follow Jesus after he buried his father) and used them to discuss hearing God's call in the midst of the busy-ness of life.

3) If you could have all Presbyterians read just one of your previous posts, what would it be and why?

I would like everyone to read this post about the chartering of Tien An Presbyterian Church because we spend too much time focusing on our problems as a denomination instead of carrying the gospel of Jesus Christ into our communities and making disciples. This post celebrates one successful story from my presbytery.

4) What are three PC(USA) flavored blogs you read on a regular basis?

A Classical Presbyterian (Toby Brown), Presbyterian Gal and Cheesehead in Paradise. A diverse group! It's hard to just choose three, though.

5) If the PC(USA) were a movie, what would it be and why?

The Return of the King (as in, we're waiting for it.)

I'm supposed to tag three more bloggers. So...tag Presbyterian Gal, Toby Brown and Cheesehead. You're it!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Just got home from the beach!

I'm honored to be on your list of three. I agree it would be very hard to pick.

I'll play later. Gotta unpack the sand first!

Jules said...

Clearly I did not get to the Qs yet from my rebuild of Lola. I will do this later today.

Thanks for the mention!