Thursday, January 26, 2006

Meet Me In St. Louis?


Next Wednesday, February 1 through Saturday, February 4, I will be in St. Louis for the annual meeting of the Association of Presbyterian Church Educators. Despite the name, APCE includes the Reformed Church of America and the United Church of Canada.

This year for the first time the Lutheran Association of Church Educators and the National Association of Episcopal Christian Education Directors are meeting with us as well. In fact the keynote speaker is an Episcopal priest, Rev. Eric H. Law. Pretty ecumenical, huh?

I'd love to meet up with any RGBP's who are also attending, so please leave a note in the comments if you're interested in a meet-up.

7 comments:

Miranda said...

I had benn wondering if you would be going. I had hoped to put a face to the way cool blog. I am very excited about Eric Law I have read some of his books and I think it will be cool to hear what he has to say. See ya there.

Jody Harrington said...

Miranda--

I notice from your blog that you're from Dallas. We're in the same regional group meeting: South Central. Will you be there? If so we can introduce ourselves then.

Jody

reverendmother said...

GREAT conference. Enjoy!

Jules said...

I've been to this one before, It's great!

Sadly, I won't be at this one.

Apostle John said...

It seems like ages since I've been to an APCE conference. I gave serious consideration to going this year -- I probably should have. :)

Enjoy, and tell us all about it.

PJ said...

Just a small correction. You wrote, "APCE includes the Reformed Church of America and the United Church of Canada." That would be the Presbyterian Church in Canada. The United Church is not one of the four denominations making up APCE. The differences between the UCC and the PCC are sometimes quite significant -- and the history very instructive. But that's a post for another day.

Regarding your comment "I'd love to meet up with any RGBP's who are also attending…" I'll be there through the closing communion service. But, forgive my ignorance, but what's a RGBP?

Jody Harrington said...

PDJ--
Thanks for correcting me about the differences between the two Canadian churches. I'm sorry I confused them.

The RGBP's refers to RevGalBlogPals, a webring that I belong to. See the link on my sidebar? It is a group of over 125 bloggers who are either women clergy, women church professionals or friends and supporters of either.

In a broader sense an RGBP is also anyone who reads any of our blogs, so that would include you! I'd love to meet you at APCE--I sent you an email about that separately.

And thanks for reading and commenting!