Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bible in 90 Days Bloggers Begin Reading!


I'm so excited for Steph, who blogs at Narrow at the Outset, and those who have joined her in committing to read the Bible in 90 Days using a blog as a "virtual meeting place." I added Blogging Through the Bible in 90 Days to my sidebar so I can easily follow their progress.

Steph is one of the members of the RevGalBlogPals webring. She read my posts this fall about the Bible in 90 Days program that I brought to my church and was inspired to try it herself. Then she asked on her blog if anyone wanted to join her and before she knew it there were about 15 bloggers from around the world joining in. She created the Blogging Through the BIND blog so they could share their reactions and keep each other accountable and they are off and reading today! They are using the helps available on the BIND non-profit website instead of buying the Zondervan-published materials.

It's really amazing how the Holy Spirit works sometimes--even through blogs and the internet!
Steph is a nun in Indiana and teaches high school religion classes. We have never met but God has used our blogs to bring others to the reading of the Bible. What a wonderful thing.

3 comments:

Steph Youstra said...

Awwwww, shucks {sheepishly}

Anonymous said...

it is WONDERFUL

I remember following your progress QG and wondering could I do that ... and now thanks to the Holy Spirit inspiring and prompting Steph (and her being humble and obedient) signed up - with some friends too

thanks for your prayers - we need them and appreciate them.

I finished Genesis today and have woken up wanting to read the Bible :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know if I could do the Bible in 90 days without a support group. The blog site that QG set up for her church gave me just the inspiration I needed to keep going. It sounds like you have a nice size group to keep things interesting too. Congratulations and lorna, I remember that feeling of waking up and wanting to do more than my 12 pages a day! How exciting for you and a wonderful memory for me. Try and remember the feeling as you slosh through some of the latter part of the OT, hee,hee!!