Thursday, January 05, 2006

Blogging Presbies Webring

A webring for Blogging Presbyterians has been started--I just got an email asking me to join, so I did. See the new addition to the sidebar underneath the ad for A Light Blazes in Darkness?

The Lutherans and Episopalians have similar webrings. If you're Presby and interested, click on the link to check it out. Cheesehead? Rebel? Apostle John? Will Spotts? Reverendmother? Saint Cassarole? Church for Starving Artists? Other Presby RevGals and Pals that I missed?

6 comments:

reverendmother said...

About time!

Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

Remember your blog comment about checking out the presbys? I spent three years in a PCUSA church and enjoyed it immensely. So, I have a phone interview with a PCUSA church this Sunday to be their music director!

Jody Harrington said...

Wonderful! Please let me know how the interview goes. I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement for the Bible in 90 days . Steph set up a blog so we can encourage each other

and my Bible has notes etc but I made a pact with myself - you do not need to read those! - today it worked.

I have a very old NIV which is dog eared and loved . I bougth a new NIV for Advent in 2004 with the decision for it to last 3 years. It won't fall apart quite so easily but I want it as well worn, as well used and as loved as the other, hence my decision to use it.

PLUS it's not easy to get new English Bibles here. I went to the Christian bookstore before Christmas to buy one for a girl (exchnage student) who joined my cell for the autumn. They had two copies. A horrible paperback on cheap paper (and expensive too) and a KVJ in leather.

I ordered online but the postage is high :(

I'd love to have a coffee shop / drop in prayer centre - with a small bookstore of Christian books in English. Is that part of my calling I wonder.

Karen Sapio said...

Oh Lorna, what a great idea.

John said...

Join the Presby Webring. You have no choice -- it is irresistable.