Thursday, April 24, 2008

Concluding the Journey Through Hebrews

This was our last day of the 2007-2008 Bible Study Discussion program at church (a/k/a BSD, see this post a description). We finished the study of Hebrews that we began in September.

Hebrews is not a long book, so I wondered how the study could stretch out over eight months. It actually works very well, because there are so many references to the Old Testament in the book, that we spent a lot of time going back and reading those relevant passages that helped explain part of Hebrews.

There was a big celebration luncheon afterwards, and I came away with two lovely souvenirs shown in the photo at left: one is the lovely carved wooden angel which was a table decoration (reminiscent of chapter 1 of Hebrews) and the other is the metal sculpture given me by the members of the discussion group I led. The metal sculpture is called "Open Hearted Woman" which I love because it is so cheerful it makes me smile and remember each member of my wonderful group. I added the orchid plant to the shot because, well, don't an angel and an open-hearted woman deserve a bunch of orchids?

Taking part in this study has been a huge blessing to me and has really helped me stay grounded throughout my adventures as Moderator-elect and Moderator. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be involved with BSD and of course, I'm going to do it again next fall!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Cool souvenirs! "Big Hearted Woman" definitely suits you.