Monday, April 21, 2008

Pics I Missed at BIND Yesterday


Darn it, I got so busy with the administrivia of our last day of Bible in 90 Days classes yesterday that I forgot to take pictures of our cakes! And they were fabulous, too: the folks at Whole Foods decorated them with an open Bible complete with bookmark, fancy scrollwork and the inscription "Bible in 90 Days." It was also muy delicioso. As faithful QG readers know, I'm all about having cakes at important celebrations.

By the way, between the two visits I made to Whole Foods to order and pick up the cakes, I got the chance to talk about BIND with 6 people in the bakery and checkout departments who asked me about them. Maybe I'll teach a class in Cake Evangelism!

Between the two classes there were about 70 people who finished! One of the "graduates" came in wearing a cap and gown, too. Wish I'd gotten a picture of that.

Ted Cooper, the founder of BIND, accepted our invitation to join us. He got up and gave a congratulatory talk wearing a huge pair of over-sized bright yellow sunglasses to illustrate his point that once you've read through the whole Bible, you see it and the world in a different way. I didn't get that picture, either.

One of Ted's challenges to the graduates was to continue the daily Bible reading habit they had formed, maybe by reading a chapter each day. I decided to go back and read a chapter a day of the last week's BIND assignment (Hebrews-Revelation) using the Message.

Several folks in one of the classes are interested in forming a new class to continue Bible study and one of our small group leaders took on the responsibility of organizing them and taking the idea back to the appropriate committee at church for approval. Woo-hoo!

9 comments:

Rev Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rev Kim said...

How wonderful! Sounds like a great day, and a great class. I really want us to do BIND at my church. You've given me more inspiration to keep nudging.

Rev Kim said...

the deleted comment was from me - for some reason it posted twice.

Lori said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. The cakes sounded cool!

Robin said...

Sounds like a huge success, QG!

Jan said...

Good to hear about.

Anonymous said...

thanks for painting the pictures for us - sounds great!

mid-life rookie said...

Is there a link for more info on BIND? Cakes, cap&gown, big sunglasses add up to a great celebration. Congrats to all.

mid-life rookie said...

Found the link in an earlier post. Thanks.