Monday, April 07, 2008

Run-Off Let-Down

Tomorrow we're having the Texas primary run-off elections. Bet you haven't heard nearly as much about that as you did about the primary itself!

I'll be on duty along with neighbors St. Betty, Mrs. America, the Defender and Roaming Widow at our local precinct by the dawn's early light until night's first gloaming. There are only a couple of races in the Republican primary that require a run-off, but one is for the congressional representative from District 22 (Tom Delay's old seat). I've already had several calls from celebrity politicos about that one at home today.

Apparently there is some run-off in the Democratic party as well. For what I don't know. At this point it looks like we will be running both run-offs because no Democrat has signed up to do it. Oh, well it won't be the first time, as my gentle readers know. I wish my new pal Ruby were registered to vote in Texas instead of little blue state because then she could come down and be the official Democrat and the day would be much more entertaining! We always repair to a nearby wine bar after delivering the vote to the county election officials for some much-needed adult refreshment.

We're expecting a relatively light turnout and a high percentage of cross-over voters who will be muy sad when we tell them they can't vote in the Republican run-off because they voted in the Democratic primary. Ha!

If anything of interest happens, I'll let you know.

6 comments:

Ruby said...

I would love to accompany you to the run-off and the wine bar! But only if you promise they won't run ME off.

Jody Harrington said...

I promise! We don't bite--not even if you have your Obama or Hillary button on.

recovering baptist said...

A trip to the wine bar, what a good idea. If that could become a part of the voting experience we might get a 90+% turnout for elections.. imagine that!

will smama said...

Hope it went well!

Lori said...

A cross-dressing cross-over voter would be interesting.

I will join you at the wine bar! Would they mind if I bring some laundry to fold?

zorra said...

Re: the Dems, I think it's for Railroad Commissioner. FWIW.