Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Babs Reports from the Hustings

QG interrupts her regular blogging schedule to bring you this special news report by Babs, from the campaign trail with former President Bill Clinton in Houston:
Ok, so when I arrived at work today about 7:30 am, I realized that there is a Hillary rally at the Fiesta* (I kid you not) parking lot across the street. My co-workers and I trotted over and were then entertained by a mariachi band and free tacos from the taco stand. There were about 20 people at this rally, if this is any indication about how well Hills will do in Texas. I did get a free "Hillary 2008" sign and I was about ten feet away from Bill Clinton, who was the main attraction. He seemed very worked up and a wee ornery.

I did enjoy the taco.

More later, Babs
*Fiesta is a Houston area grocery chain that caters primarily to Hispanics, but also has foods from all over the world and so is popular with the large immigrant population of the area.


UPDA
TE: Babs filed these photos to go with her report, showing President Clinton, and Babs and her friend Sharlie at the rally. Maybe she has a future as a photo-journalist?













8 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Well....I would be all over the free tacos.

reverendmother said...

I miss Fiesta.

Becky Ardell Downs said...

We had a totally great Fiesta not far from our house and it closed recently. we all cried. That place had the most amazing produce. And cheap! And paper bags with handles! Dang. Okay, this isn't supposed to be about Fiesta. Good for you Babs to be so close to Bill! That's so cool! Tell him hi next time from me.

Anonymous said...

Wow.
Not sure what else to say.

Anonymous said...

The trail riders are coming into town today for the rodeo... maybe Hills should get a good horse?

footnote - I just took a call asking for dear husband - it was Barack's campain people, when I said he wasn't home they just hung up -- am I not a voter too -- don't they want to talk to me?! Hee, hee.

Lori said...

We don't have anything like Fiesta here. I would have been with Mindy, enjoying the free tacos.

And are your sure "ornery" was the word for a worked up Bill? ;)

St. Casserole said...

Babs is beautiful!

said...

Ohhh, Moi just did a "Quotidian" blog search and that's how I got here.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor