Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wired for Recovery


Well, the 'scope wasn't bad at all. I was home by 9:30 am! I am, however, all wired up with:
  • a pump that sends novacaine to the affected knee continuously (no, I can't "push" it)
  • a cool water pump thingy that wraps around the knee. You have to lie on the bed to use it 95 minutes a day/off 2 hrs/on 95 minutes/etc all day but not all night
  • a continuous flexion gizmo that the leg is strapped into and you use with the CWPT for about an hour three times a day
All this equipment keeps me close to home and close to my bedroom. The knee is achey and somewhat stiff, but not really painful. I've got reading and phone calls to keep me busy. With El Jefe as my practical nurse and Babs as my personal chef, I can't complain. In fact, I may like it too much!

8 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

Sends Babs on up anytime!

Glad it's going well.

spookyrach said...

glad you're on the mend. I volunteer to serve as person channel changer and remote control guardian if I can get in on that personal chef stuff!

Althea N. Agape said...

aaah, enjoy the pampering while you can!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

WOW! That was fast!

Lori said...

Do you pick up radio free Japan with all that wiring?

Glad it all went well. (though perhaps wincing and moaning some might help prolong the nice pampering you're gettin')

zorra said...

My friend Cindy loved that cool water thingy after her foot surgery. I hope you stay comfortable and enjoy your down time!

Shawn said...

Doesn't sound like my first choice of how to spend a day. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Mary Beth said...

Sounds icky but like you are getting great care!!