Tuesday, February 05, 2008

SuperFatShrove Tuesday

Any of the rest of you living in non-Super Tuesday states feeling more than slightly irrelevant? The Texas primaries aren't scheduled until March 4. Who will still be active candidates in the presidential nomination races by then? The nominees in both parties could already be determined by that time. It's hard to get out the vote under those circumstances.

It's also Fat Tuesday in Galveston, New Orleans and the other cities that celebrate Mardi Gras (excuse the redundancy, albeit in French). But Chez QG, resident Anglophile Babs has decreed today is Shrove Tuesday and is planning a traditional pancake supper. I think I'll challenge her to a traditional Shrove Tuesday pancake flippin' race down the esplanade in front of our house. Loser washes the dishes!

How are you observing SuperFatShrove Tuesday at your place?

10 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I SO wanna see pics of the race!!

spookyrach said...

SuperFatShrove Tuesday - I love that!

I think I'm celebrating by cleaning the utility room when I get home. Yeeha.

Totally feeling your malaise about March 4th primaries... sigh....

Glad we didn't have to vote in January, though.

Lori said...

The only fat in my Tuesday sits at my waistline! And, yes, I am observing it....

*hee hee*

Alan said...

Personally it's turkey soup and really good sourdough French bread. The pancakes are tomorrow at church. No need to heat it twice when we've got choir practice anyway.

Alan

Unknown said...

Pancakes for us!

reverendmother said...

Mmmm... SuperFat...

recovering baptist said...

DO you mean crepe type pancakes with lemon and sugar? If so I wish you had invited us!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

in the middle of slight blizzard - bowls of chili and beer bread. leftovers tomorrow...

DannyG said...

I was giving a talk about Bone Marrow donation, and instead of "rubber chicken" I took the blackened fish option to honor New Orleans and fat Tuesday.

Becky Ardell Downs said...

QG, I'm more than a little confident the the Neighborhood Association would disapprove of your planned race. Sorry darlin'. No flippin' anything around these parts. Least not in the streets.