Sunday, February 10, 2008

Strengthening Weak Knees


"Therefore strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees."
Hebrews 12:12
I had to chuckle when we were memorizing this verse in the BSD study of Hebrews a few weeks ago (we're trying to memorize all of chapter 12).

I have one very weak knee, due to a couple of accidents when I was in my late teens. The ACL was torn up and surgery to repair the knee done....let's just say several decades ago. It has always been something I've had to work around and got used to living with. But in the past few years it has become more and more of a problem. So I finally listened to the pleas of the family and got myself to the orthopedic surgeon, hoping I was a candidate for those fluid injections.

The bad news is that the answer was no. The good news is that there is not a lot of arthritis and I'm not a candidate for knee replacement either. The middle-of-the-road news is that the doc is going to 'scope the knee tomorrow morning to get rid of torn tissue that is aggravating the joint in order to relieve pain and prevent more deterioration.

So I'll be spending most of the week at home, recovering and rehabing the knee until I'm cleared to drive. Should be a good chance to catch up on my reading, perhaps do some extra blogging, and give a shout-out to my friend Diane who is having similar surgery on Tuesday. Last one off crutches is a rotten egg, Diane!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Praying for you today!

I hope you enjoy your time at home.

Rev Kim said...

Prayers for you as you undergo the procedure and rehab process. It sounds like you have a great plan for the recovery!

I used the Hebrews passage a few weeks ago when I charged our newly installed officers. One of the elders has a degree in exercise physiology and is in charge of exercise programs at the county's rec center. I told her, "this passage is passage is perfect for you!" and we all had a good chuckle.

Gannet Girl said...

I hope all is going well as I write! (Tried to let you know this morning that you were in my prayers but blogger was uncooperative.)

May your recovery be speedier than mine!

zorra said...

Get well soon!