Sunday, February 10, 2008

A-Nother Book Meme

How many book memes are going around the 'net right now? Presbyterian Gal tagged me for this one.

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
I am in the kitchen. The nearest book is the Bible I use for my Bible in 90 Days class. Cross my heart and hope to die, PG!!

Find Page 123.
That would be Numbers 11. Everyone's favorite!

Find the first 5 sentences. Post the next 3 sentences.

"When the dew settled on the camp at night, the manna also came down. Moses heard the people of every family wailing, each at the entrance to his tent. The Lord became exceedingly angry and Moses was troubled." Numbers 11:9-10.

And really, who can blame God and Moses. Don't we all hate whiners?

Lots of people have already been tagged and played, so I'm not tagging anyone. But please feel free to play!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Very nicely done, Mom of Presbytery. I love it!

Poor Moses. Too bad he didn't read the post I just did. He could have blamed it all on me!

Althea N. Agape said...

Given that the three closest books right now are the dictionary, the Book of Common Worship, and the Book of Order I'll pass on playing...

Anonymous said...

What a great model for your fellow B90 participants for you to have your Bible so close by. Your really ought to lead that class someday :)

TC