Friday, June 09, 2006

CongressMom is Back


CongressMom has been busy this week trying to talk some sense into the lamebrains in the Texas legislature, but now she's back home and ready to take names and kick behinds that need it. In a maternal, loving, good-for-you way, of course.

Some of you Congresspersons have just been trying to "get one started", in the inimitable words of my father, by calling for a vote on a proposed Constitutional amendment that you knew would not pass just for the purpose of stirring up the voters on both sides of the issue. That is not playing nice in the Congressional backyard. You can't make friends and work together if you spend your time making each other mad. What?? Don't tell me : " Congress is so BORING, Mom, we just wanted something to do."

You think it was boring? I'll give you boring. Go to your rooms right now. No, your press agent and aides can't come with you! No, hand over that Blackberry right now. You're grounded from the phone and the computer for a day. Yeah, I know I'm the meanest Mom in the world.

You're going to stay there until you've finished reading All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten and written a report for me on what you learned. Here's the book. Pay special attention to the chapter on "hold hands and stick together." Our country needs to do that.

Quitcherwhining. You'll thank me for this when you grow up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for CongressMom!!

opinionated said...

Way to go, CongressMom.

Sue said...

Way to tell 'em Congress Mom.

little david said...

Any way to get you officially elected? This is a great idea!